11.6.10

Why the .... am I awake?

Let's hear it for 2AM posts. I woke up about forty minutes ago and couldn't go back to sleep, so I snuck down here to post about nothing. I have Granny's manuscript in an almost readable condition (the first four chapters, ten over all) and I am very excited to actually read through the whole thing and edit. I need to start saving up to get it published, I don't want anything flashy, that wasn't really Granny's style, just a nice mid-range package. I think it would be cheaper to only release it on paperback, maybe have a few hard cover for the family and limited release. I know hardcover is more expensive.

My cat is having a wonderful time playing chase the toe under the table. She rarely plays like this so it's nice when she does. I got her for Christmas two years ago, I wanted a kitten but the shelter didn't have any and it would be a while before the ones they did have got out of quarantine. We had seen her in one of the window cages with her brother, but when we went back her brother was gone and I didn't want to leave her on her own. She was about a year old when we got her and we think she was abused. She won't sit on people's laps and get nervous when she realises that she is kneading into some one's leg. She's terrified of strangers and especially doesn't like men. And she only lets me pick her up for around a minute. Even though she is a moronic, neurotic mess, she's our moronic, neurotic mess and we love her. Her name changes a lot though. She is usually Squeaker because her meow is so high that all she really does is squeak, but for a few weeks she was Sniffles because she had a cold and was sneezing a lot (there were many snot bubble jokes), poor thing.

I'm rather bored most of the day because my best friend, Jess, is a year younger and still has school. She also works a lot on the week ends so we don't see each other as much as we usually do. It was fine while I was still in school because we had classes together, but since I've graduated I haven't seen each other at all. We still text and stuff, but I really miss her and our four am swims in my frigged pool. Of course I have things to do, but it isn't the same when I can't hang out with her or just talk with her and our friends in Creative Writing and Study Hall.

I keep thinking I hear voices, but it's just the leaky flush valve in the downstairs toilet. I think I'm just freaking my self out because it's late(or early, depends on how you look at it) and the only things awake are the cat, me and the talking toilet, though I'm not sure if that counts as a sentient being, do toilets have a conscious mind that can sleep and awaken... that's getting a little too deep, definite sign of too little sleep.

I need to do thank you letters for graduation presents, and call guidance because I missed senior night and never got a yearbook, or the senior gift because I definitely didn't go to senior mass. It isn't that I'm against going to mass, just that I've had religion stuffed down my throat for the thirteen years I've been in catholic school and I just don't think the Catholic faith is for me and didn't want to sit through yet another school mass. So that's what goes through my sleep deprived mind at what is now three in the morning, though hap it classifies as morning when it's still pitch black outside is beyond me.
Until next time, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment