9.6.10

Ice Queen

For my Contemporary Fiction class the first semester of my senior year we had to write a review of an Alice Hoffman book. Originally I had planned on reading Local Girls, it was short and about Long Island, easy peasy what's not to like? Not so easy; I couldn't read it. I would read a few pages and promptly forget all of it. So I dug through the back of the school library and polished off Ice Queen in about a week of lunch periods. And now I'm going to see if the cut you can use on LJ works here. For those who want to read my review, clicky the linky, otherwise skip over and keep reading. It didn't work and the only way to make it work is all long and complicated so I'm putting it on my Creative Writing page under writing anomalies.
sorry if that didn't work, I'm still figuring out the formatting on here.
On a cleaner and less dreary note, I just got the mixed bag of soap (mainly black raspberry vanilla) that I ordered from Gassner Custom Soaps, a link is on the side. I love them all, especially the Pumpkin Spice soapsicle they put in and lots of lavender is always nice in the hotter weather. I'm also using a little peppermint essential oil instead of perfume as I've just started getting a mild reacting to any of the commercial body sprays with lots of alcohol in them. Which is not so great, I love my pear blossom spray from Bath & Bodyworks, as inorganic as it is, it's so light and summery.
I have a new musical obsession with Escala. An electronic string quartet that competed on Britain's Got Talent. They didn't win, but I think that they are absolutely amazing. I also have a (not so new) obsession with Legend of the Seeker TV show. Love it! Very SiFi/Historical Fantasy, not sure yet if I want to to read the Sword of Truth book series that it is based off of.
That's all for now. Until next time, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment