11.6.10

College: to CLEP or not to CLEP

I already have my schedule for the fall semester but that schedule depends on my taking CLEPS and receiving enough credits to exempt some of the base courses. The advisor I spoke with was against taking CLEPS, she didn't seem to grasp that I wasn't trying to finish faster, just get more of the electives I want and not have to sit through a redundant class. If I can pass the CLEP for a certain class, then obviously I don't need to take the class because I already know the material. I'll still get the full 'college experience' but I'll be taking more of the classes I feel are relevant to what I want to do. I'm also looking to do a double major, while still in a Liberal Arts Psychology program.

My dad has just gone to the college to hand in my registration money for the five tests I'm taking before my classes start. The first one I'm taking is College Composition so it should be a breeze. Until next time, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment